Wednesday, November 5, 2014

P.T. Barnum's stinking drunk again...



Back in the late '90s and early aughts, Ron Hawkins and Laurence Nichols used to regularly play a shitty little bar across the street from Shea's Performing Arts Center called the Buffalo Nickel.  The shows would typically last for 3-4 hours and they would play pretty much every song that Hawkins had written...and I would be up front, screaming and singing my heart out, every word tattooed in my blood...many of the punters were there for the smattering of Lowest of the Low hits, but it was "Blur" that would bring me to tears almost every time, perfect capturing that creeping skin feeling of being on the way down from a bad trip...the thrill long gone and nothing remaining but the sinking belief that you're on the precipice of losing something important and forever. I get that. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment